I realize that I may very well be totally unique in my world-view. I realize that my entire life right now is pretty much exclusive to me. BUT I do think that I have a fair amount of common sense, integrity, and sanity. Even if the sanity portion is questioned on a daily basis, I can't imagine that my views on "how people should behave" is that out there.
Case in point:
In my many rants about the PTA, I've mentioned that after the January meeting, I had two ideas that could be helpful. I made phone calls to the appropriate persons. In both cases, I received return calls that said I had good, do-able ideas and that they'd let me know what else they may need.
In the one case, I did get another, later, call to confirm what I'd said, and to discuss the wording to go into the actual letter that needed to be written. A nice, friendly gesture to let me know that it was being taken seriously, and that the whole thing was appreciated.
In the second case, the next thing I heard about it was in the newsletter, sent home to approximately 600 families. A thank you, mentioning my name, but also leading me to believe that my idea was not only a good one, but that it was a done deal. Which, in itself is fine...except that I was NOT contacted regarding wording on a letter--if such a letter is in existance at all--and the wording makes it sound like I have promised this wonderful thing from my employer.
I am not the kind of person who will make a promise that I can't keep--and I won't make a promise on someone else's behalf. I tried to call this twit and so far, after 24 hours, have heard nothing back. I tried to find out through work, and, as far as anyone knows, there is NO letter from this group. (I got confirmation on the first one, though.)
Even if you totally disregard the fact that the guy who does make the decision regarding these things really really really doesn't like being backed into a corner--and he gets mean if you promise something on his behalf (aka "throwing his weight around"), it now looks as if I have done just that. Made a promise for something to people without consulting him.
I have enough grief with work right now; I don't need help generating it. It seriously looks to me like I'm going to have some 'splaining to do, Lucy, and I can say that I really don't appreciate it.
I also think that I may very well have to find a way to expose this woman as a jerk and a fraud. And never, ever, ever trust her with MY name and rep again.
WTF kind of person does that?
Why won't this woman call me back? Sweet Jesus! Why?!
No comments:
Post a Comment