I have triumphed against Fate and the e-machine*.
Due to the old POS computer giving up the ghost, I no longer have access to my newsletters, photos, templates, saved documents, and/or secretarial stuff-n-nonsense.
We purchased the above mentioned e-machine for slightly less than $500. Then had to purchase a $127 Microsoft Office suite (it was the cheapest, home & student use set) in order to rebuild my templates and use the word program.
Do I think it's a rip off? Yes. I think, cheap thing that I am, if I paid for programs pre-loaded, then I should have full access (and authentication ability) for said programs, and I shouldn't be swearing like a truck driver on my way to Staples at 5:30 on a Sunday afternoon to purchase the programs that are listed as pre-loaded on the machine I just paid for. Perhaps I'm naive.
I've also hear horror stories about Windows Vista, and if it does turn out to be the nightmare I've heard, I'll be getting rid of it--or I'll be choking the life out of the IT dude who convinced me it would be fine. (I'm still wondering at the reliability of said IT Dude when he didn't know that Vista would not like my previous programs and I would be trying to figure out how to retrieve, at a minimum, my photos. Photos of the Howler and various hobbified Bees necessary for my sanity and creativity.)
But I digress.
I have triumphed over the e machine's determination to stop me in my tracks. To make me cry. To make me clench my teeth until they crumble into dust. To make me swear like a truck driver in the privacy of my own home.
HAH! I may still be Pictureless-Man, but I have a template for a newsletter, and may begin preparing for the next issue.
I win! I win! I win!
*my personal judgement on the e machine remains to be decided. I hate it and I like it...the final verdict remains to be seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment