Tuesday, July 08, 2008

OW!

My back decided that today would be a good day to seize--apparently, the response, "Upright and breathing" when asked "How are you?" needed to be stopped.

I am, for the record, mostly upright. And that is thanks to pity on the part of the managers at work. No way I would've been able to stay at work, even for those paltry 6 hours, without a chair. Although, to be fair, it also had to do with the need to cut hours and not having a body to stand in my place.

And still, I'd forget and move the wrong way. OWie!

I'm currently a little buzzed from the muscle relaxers. Niiiiiice. I walk funny, and I actually say, out loud, "Owie." How sad...

Except that I, at least, am not the woman who came in tonight in her pajamas. Maybe she thought it was a dress, but I swear it looked like the nightshirt that Wee Willie Winkie is wearing in EVERY illustation I've ever seen of him.

2 comments:

KG said...

Heh - for some reason blogger gave me a warning message before I clicked on your blog saying that your post may contain objectionable material. Um - I don't see anything too offensive here . . but I thought it was funny.

Also - my mom threw her back out this week, too. What a weird expression - what does it MEAN to throw your back out, anyway? I mean - what actually goes wrong? Anyway, it sucks. I hope you feel better!

mumple said...

Thanks, but I don't think my back is *out*--I think it's seizing and that hurts like hell. Like a leg cramp gone wild.

As for the warning, I guess this means I should ditch it and let the "reader beware" lol.