with you women?
I mean, I am one, but most of what I experience in frustration and anger in dealing with adults is from interaction with other women. (Not that men don't irritate me, it's just that women seem to actually work at pissing me off.) And in most cases, with men, it's either something that in the long run doesn't matter, or can be worked through and improved.
Women, on the other hand, seem to single me out for their sociopathic episodes. And there's no working through it--have a woman decide that she must destroy you, and I guarantee you, even if you are a self-confident person who does not allow pettiness to grind you down, you will end up questioning who you are, and more importantly, what, exactly, makes you a target.
Most times, other women simply cannot stand to see another woman earn respect. They can't tolerate when another woman is good at her job. They can't get over whatever it is about you that deviates from what they consider "the norm." And, sometimes, she's just a bully who can't stand the idea that while many scurry and cower, you don't.
It doesn't really matter, because mostly, I'm just plain sick and tired of being their target.
With men, no matter how obnoxious their sociopathic idiocy gets, you can usually either earn their respect, or confront them in some fashion that causes them to get over it. With women, confrontation makes you the one picking a fight, and even if you've journaled it and even a blind man can see the pattern of hostile and deliberately baiting behavior, you are the one who is crazy and paranoid.
And at some point, you feel crazy and paranoid.
So far, in the past 8 years at this job, I've dealt with just this kind of crap from one woman or another. (And in the one case it was a man doing it, it was centered on an incident--which I was in no way involved, btw--with a truly mean, crazy, and evil woman.)
Let me say for the record, it's getting old. It's getting boring. I am finding myself with a lowest tolerance level for it. I've learned all there is to glean from being some bully's target, and it's time for the universe, karma, or whatever-the-hell-it-is to get over it and move on.
1 comment:
I had a run in with an "anything you can do I can do better" woman last night, and its obnoxious. She seemed to have misplaced her "attentive listening" look in favor of her death glare.
Post a Comment