Monday, October 06, 2008

Mumplelove

This is yet another TMI post, so if you already know more about me than you ever really wanted to know about anybody, scroll on by!

Lately, I've discovered that the *Peak* I hit in my thirties was NOTHING compared to the *Peak* I'm hitting in my forties.

This time 'round, though, it comes with a price--and that price is called shaving. I shave several body parts several times a week.

Last night I had to BEG my Sweetie to not be anywhere near me. I had to keep telling him to "stop that" and honestly, all he was doing was sitting there, minding his own business. I had an exam this morning, and follow-thru would mess with results.

I've been this way for about 3 weeks. It's not pretty. I walk funny. And it hurts sometimes, if there's no follow-thru.

At this rate, with all the shaving and repercussions that come with a wind-shift, I am becoming one of the teenage boys that irritate me. (Although, my Sweetie is not complaining. He says it's not a problem...no, no. Not a problem at all.)

4 comments:

Doctor T said...

first of all I liked your father's joke about fishing! don't tell you sweetie to 'stop that' , instead tell him what you's like him to do! trust me, I'm a doctor....

Doctor T said...

you still have many peaks to hit - enjoy!

mumple said...

hey doc, I think you missed the point: if I'm *worked up*, just having him in the room breathing can make it worse (and believe me, the children and the neighbors do NOT need to see OR hear us!)

I tell him to "stop that" when it's particularly needing to not happen immediately.

Doctor T said...

ah! i understand now...you must be very good at controlling your behaviour