I know it's a BIG RETAIL weekend.
But I still think the early openings and ridiculous (and all-too-often nutbar crazy) shoppers in the wee sma's is way less than newsworthy.
I also think that our store manager, Captain Ahab, has finally flipped his lid.
Friday saw a busy store. And many many cash dollars flowing.
But Saturday? Saturday was the day to stay in bed, sleep off the craziness hangover, and not bother. Plus, by Saturday, you were out of money anyway.
Captain Ahab, in search of the elusive Great White Nickel, opened the garden center at 7am. As the designated deranged, I sat in the toothpicks and saranwrap resurrected hut, in the dark and cold, until 9am before I saw a person who did not work there. And that person? He wasn't buying anything we had to sell.
Yeah, it was soooo totally worth it.
1 comment:
I love shopping the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It's nice and quiet.
But I'd never do it that early. No way.
Post a Comment