Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Why Bother?

What is it with people who think that because we work retail, it's probably not really work? Take, for example, the skeletal woman who came in the doors, looked at me, and asked, "Where are the blocks that click together for floors?" While I was beginning to answer, her husband came in, and she said, "We need to go to flooring, it's this way." and they walked away.

Then, there's the guy that comes in and asks me where the pvc pipe is. While I try to tell him which aisle I think it's in (face it, people, pvc pipe is not something I'm going to go look at, if I can help it) he corrects my "aisle 13" and then heads to where he said it was.

Finally, we have the jackass that comes in nearly every day, and ALWAYS asks if we have something....like drywall screws. His jackass trick is to stand in front of the drywall screws, looking at them, and asking if we have them. I got to be the lucky girl on Saturday, and it went like this:

Jackass: Don't you have any spring flowers this year?

Me: Yes. That's what all this is. *moves arms to indicate the entire garden center*

Jack: So you think you'll be getting them in soon?

Me: That's what all this is out here. *more non-verbal cluage*

Jack: No, I mean spring flowers. That bloom now.

Me: THAT is what ALL this IS. *again with the non-verbal cluage*

Jack: Would they be inside then?

Me: No. THAT is WHAT ALL this IS out HERE. *even more non-verbal cluage*

Jack: Oh.

No comments: