Thursday, November 29, 2012

Report on the Day

Thanksgiving at the Mumple's:  Loads of people. Each one, odder than the last, no matter how you stack 'em.

This year, we made a new world record. My mother was at my house for a full hour before she pissed me off & I wanted to punch her in the head.

This year, we also got to listen to my mother, who is practically deaf, my aunt is just plain nuts, and my grandmother who, at 94, has forgotten more than she remembers, discuss how to prepare cranberry sauce made from real, whole cranberries.

This year, my sister did her best to imitate a door. She would enter a room, then stop dead in her tracks and stand stock still for upwards of 2 minutes before regaining forward momentum.

This year, my brother did not, I repeat, did not confirm that he is the reigning king jackwagon in creating retail workers' nightmares.

I can't wait for Christmas! (NOT)

No comments: