Yesterday was absolutely one of the most interesting days I've ever had at work.
A guy comes in and asks, "Do you have asters?"
I ask, "Asters?"
Him: Yeah. They have little purple flowers.
M: I know. They're a fall flower.
Him: I know. Do you have them?
M: Sir, it's June.
Him: Yeah, I know. Do you have them?
M: It's summer. Asters are a fall flower.
Him: Yeah. I get that. But do you have them?
M: Sir, we have summer flowers now. We'll have fall flowers in the fall.
Him: So, you don't even just have them around not blooming?
M: No, sir. We'll have fall blooming asters in the fall.
Him: That's stupid.
And the single best thing so far this season:
Hairy dude comes in and says, "I see you've thrown a lot of dead plants in yer dumpster."
Me, wondering where this train wreck is going, response, "Yes."
Hairy: So, you wouldn't mind if I got in there and got 'em?
Me, flabbergasted: Uhm, no, you can't get 'em.
Hairy: It's not like you're selling 'em, right? You've thrown them away.
Me: Uhm, even so, you can't get in the dumpster.
Hairy: Okay. But what if I did anyway? No one would need to know, right? *wink*
Me, all *ewwwww*: Weeeeelllll, it IS a safety issue, and there are a lot of people around....if they saw you in there, they'd call the police.
Hairy practically ran away from me--something tells me the local police have fished him out of dumpsters before.
3 comments:
I bet you don't even have Lily of the Valley right now either. Such a disappointment. ;-)
Oh dear. Sounds like "Low Point, Low Point"
(THIS is what the hell I'm talking about:
http://meandyouandellie.blogspot.com/
Deductive reasoning--not a difficult concept. LOL
Post a Comment