Well, I have to say that Christmas wasn't so bad this year.
We didn't overspend or overshop. My Sweetie did 99% of the wrapping, which was only fair because I did 99% of the shopping.
Since we had all this stuff done by Tuesday, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were rather relaxing. And somebody at WalMart.com got to keep his job--I'll post the entire saga later.
Although, my Sweetie did give me the gift that keeps on giving--a miserable head cold. I'm still feeling the love, too. Joy!
On the family side, my grandmother claimed, on Wednesday, December 24, that she was never invited for Christmas dinner. My aunt went MIA entirely, and even her children and grandsons had no clue where she was for the day.
My mother is doing a really good job of NOT being nasty about the Toad's grades. I'm so impressed! Although, if you do get her talking about it, it's MY fault--and she sights examples of how it is my fault from things I did as a teenager (I was 21 when he was born.) So she's really reaching up there for it.
My sister is, apparently, out-and-out making up things about me (again, from two DECADES ago) to bolster her view that it is, indeed, my fault.
We were singing our traditional holiday song, including the fa's and the la's.
What joy it is to be us at Christmas.
2 comments:
I hate Christmas and this year, it got to the point where I should have been committed. My husband (the original Christmas elf) PROMISED me that we can ignore Christmas in 2009; take a trip elsewhere, and leave no itinerary. WHEEEEEEE
My Sweetie loves Christmas. He does 99.9% of the decorating, and it's great. Except for the part where he wants my involvement in "where does this go?" and "which color lights?" and "should we put this here, or there?" Grrr.
He just doesn't get it--he can enjoy it all he wants, he just needs to leave me out of most of it!
Post a Comment