My Sweetie tells me earlier this week that we need sugar. He failed to mention it (or get it) over the weekend when he was baking chocolate chip cookies.
Anyway, I'm thinking that we usually have a 2nd bag of sugar in Tupperware in the cupboard, simply because it's something that when you run out of it, you run out of it, and who wants to go to the store at 11pm to be sure to have sugar for their coffee in the morning? Yeah, it took me about 2 years (and HIM making those 11pm trips several times) for him to get on board with the idea that if it's something we use often, or a lot, we need to always have *extra* somewhere in the house.
The bowl is empty. The canister is empty. He would have refilled it if we had it...Dayum. I have a fresh pot of coffee and NO sugar. Grrr.
Ah ha! There should be some colored sugar with the spices. And so what if it's colored, right? It's still sugar.
I find it. I use it. I'm giggling because my coffee is GREEN now.
Later that day, I find the brand new bag that should have been there sitting up front in the cupboard.
1 comment:
Okay, this is just hilarious! I couldn't agree more - it'a amazing how different things like this are when you're a grown up than they seemed when you were a kid. Too funny, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks these sorts of things!
Post a Comment