Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Surprise! (no, not so much)

So, little miss Cry-Me-A-River has been back to work, then off work, then back, then off, then back...and now she's off again.

She usually either calls off at least once a week AND "needs to go home early" at least once a week also. There's always an issue with her pregnancy, or her toddler daughter needing to go to the ER. I'm sorry, but if I spent this much time with a 2 year old in the ER, protective services should be called.

When all else fails, she says "I think my water broke." (She's 5 months along.) Now, I know this is harsh, but I don't think she wants to work. She did the "water broke" bit last week, and this week, she's got a black-and-blue eye. She can't work, but she can sit on a bench outside work, after dropping off her doc's paperwork, for 3 hours waiting for a ride home.

This is totally whacked.

Considering we have another girl at work who is (was? the announcement was in the paper last night) pregnant, and who is about the same age, and who doesn't call off work continually, and rarely goes home in the middle of her shift. And there's no drama.

I'm getting too old for this crap.

Along with this, one of the other newbies we've got seems to absolutely HATE me, and I don't know why. I've had a grand whopping total of 30 minutes contact with her over the past 3 months, and yesterday, when I needed to buy a bottle of water, she was slamming and banging her way through the transaction. She wasn't slamming her way through the transaction before, or after me, just mine. Weird.

1 comment:

Flea said...

Sweet mother. This generation of new hires is a spoiled bunch. The new economy has a lovely message wrapped and bow tied for them. :)