Real coversation:
Columbus with a garden cart: Where am I going?
Mumple:
C: Which direction am I going in?
M: Are you ready to check out?
C: How much are those daisies? *waves hand indiscriminately*
M: $29.98
C: Which direction?!
M: What can I help you find?
C: Where are we going then?
M: What do you need?
C: Which direction then?
M:
C: Which direction?
M: For what? What are you looking for?
C: This is from the CLEAR. ENTS. RACK. Where am I headed?
M: uh, OK. What were you looking for?
C: To check out! *sounds exasperated*
We get to the register, and as I try to scan the plants (and identify the clearance tags) Columbus grabs them away from me and demands to know the prices of the CLEAR. ENTS. RACK. ones. I read the tags to her. She demands that I tell her what they scan. I explain that they scan regular price, and I reduce the price myself. She shoves the plants back at me and tells me, yet again, that these are CLEAR. ENTS. PLANTS.
M: Yes, ma'am. I reduce the prices here at the register.
C: What does this cost?
M: *scan & read aloud*
C: And this? What does this cost? *pointing--the CLEAR.ENTS. PLANTS. are not to leave their earthbound connection to the cart
M: *scan and read aloud*
C: And this? What about this? Why can't you just tell me?
M: *deep breath, continues on as before*
C: How much do I owe you? Can I get a subtotal? What is it?
C: Are the CLEAR. ENTS. PLANTS. the right price? Are you sure?
M: *finishes transaction, thank God*
C: *looks directly at the 12 foot by 20 foot gaping hole in the fenceline known as a gate and asks* Now, what direction am I going so I can leave?
No comments:
Post a Comment