So, today was just another day in the Garden Center, until...
This little dingbat came in, plunked the hanging basket of her choice on the counter, and proceeded to question me on where her sister was.
Unfortunately, when her basket was paid for, her even dingierbat sister showed up, with the hanging basket of her choice.
More unfortunately for Ding #2, there was already another customer at my counter.
Did this stop Ding #2 from plunking her basket on my counter? Hell, no. Even as I told her repeatedly that I was with another customer, she kept asking me "how much is this?" and "where'd my sister go?" and "how much is this?" and "tax? what do you mean, 'tax'?" and "how much is it?"
The idiot guy I'm currently dealing with, decides, in the middle of this, to leave the 4 year old boy at the register with the cart, and takes the 2 year old with him into the parking lot. No clue why, but does it matter? I know that if I clear the screen and scan the hanging basket, he'll be immediately back and pissed that I didn't wait for him to come back.
Ding #2 is still asking "how much is it?"
Finally, Idiot Boy returns to claim his palm tree and child. Ding #2 still can't grasp the concept that she isn't the customer I'm ringing up. When I tell him his total (considerably more than her $9.98 hanging basket) she asks, "how much was the tax?" and "didn't you say $10?"
Lovely. He has to cram himself between the Pepsi cooler, his cart, and Ding #2 to sign on the invisible line. She's trying to hand me cash--apparently still oblivious to the idea that I'm currently waiting on someone else.
Finally, Idiot Boy gathers his crap, and his children, and leaves. Ding #2 begins at the beginning and asks, "how much is this basket?" and "where'd my sister go?" I explain, yet again, that it's $9.98 + tax, and she dutifully recounts $32.
Since I am crazy myself, and I always recount the cash, I discover a $20 nestled in the middle of the 12 $1 bills she's handed me. She tries to hand me more money when I give her the $20 back. I end up giving her back $1, then hitting *Cash* I give her the jingle change, and she wanders off.
And everyone wonders why my eyes roll back into my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment