Today, the Weasel sez to me, "I had one of the guys from Self-Important Asswipe Builders talk to me about you."
I sez, "Oh?"
He sez, "Yeah. Uhm, he's not happy because, and he knew your name, he said that when he comes in, you never remember him. I don't know the guy and never saw him before in my life. But he said, "yeah, that mumplegirl always asks for my ID, and she never remembers me."
I sez, "Self-Important Asswipe Builders? There's like a thousand of them, and I'm not often at that register, and in all honesty, they all look and smell alike--not attractive."
He sez, "Well, he said you didn't make him feel memorable."
I sez, "Well, if it's JimBob, I swear that kid never looks the same two days running."
He sez, "Nope. Not him. A different one. I told him that maybe you're just not observant."
I sez, "Well, you know, they also will tell me a name that's on the list, but it's not them. They do that a lot, too."
He sez, "I know. And you follow Da Rules. Which is good, but this is retail, and he said you don't make him feel important."
I sez, "Tell him to grow up."
He sez, "Mumple, mumple, mumple. I know, I know. But it's retail. It's retail."
So I sez, "I know it's retail. But retail ain't therapy. And if his self-image and self-esteem is so low that he needs ME to validate his existance, he needs to grow up, get a grip, and get some therapy. I'm not a therapist."
He just looks at me for a minute, then sez, "Mumple, it's retail."
sigh. Apparently, that Plankton designation on my name tag now includes being some asshole's ego validation.
2 comments:
Gaw. So when are you going to look for another line of work?
What? And lose all this fodder? No way!
Post a Comment