As long as it's still snowing, I intend to use the opportunity to share some thinks from last December. Mostly because I wrote 'em out with pencil and paper, forgot about 'em, and found 'em again today. And it did snow last night. So there.
While I didn't get any QT in the garden center in December, I still got a doozy of a quiz regarding the fresh cut live trees we were selling.
A few days after Thanksgiving, my mother was blathering her way across local landlines...talking incessantly at me. She began quizzing me on whether or not I would be returned to the garden center. Then she asked if the "Fresh Cut" trees were in yet. (Not that she wanted one--it was a test.) When I said, "Yes" she asked if we were actually selling any. Again, I said, "Yes" She demanded to know HOW we were selling those trees, because, "You only have but FOUR of 'em, and they're in front of the garden center."
Choking back laughter, I tell her, "Those are the ones on DISPLAY, so you can see pricing and general size DUH." Oh, yes, I did too DUH her.
Undaunted, she demands, "Where are the REST of the trees, then?"
"They're INSIDE the fence."
Still confused--or convinced I'm lying--she demands to know how we're watering the those fresh cut trees if they're inside.
So I pronounce each syllable slooooooowly for her: "They're In Side The GAR DEN CEN TER FENCE, Not In Side The Build Ing."
Mom's still brighter than the woman who rolled in the gate on a cold late April day and said, "WOW! It's certainly warmer in here than it is out there."
No comments:
Post a Comment