Thursday, March 10, 2011

This 'Splains A LOT

Saturday, the Howler went off to Chuck E Cheese with Bonk & his Mom. I worked all dayumed day, and so did My Sweetie, so it was great--free babysitting.

I scurried out of work to be home and save Bonk's Mom from the hell-that-can-be-the-Howler, and she wasn't at her house. She wasn't at my house. She weren't nowheres I could see her. (Bonk & the Howler weren't here, neither.)

So, I called her. She didn't answer her phone, which I was hoping meant that she was driving, on the way home (ol' Chuck's place is about 1.5 hours from here--I'm not sure, because I have never once, in my *cough cough* years, set foot in one of those demon holes.) I called her house, too, just-in-case.

She called back about 20 minutes later. They were just getting in the car at that point. Stopping at Dunkin' Donuts (sure, makes sense: 2 spawn in the car, sugar 'em up for the trip home) and they'd be home as soon as they'd be home.

While awaiting the homecoming, the Gator called. She asked if the Howler enjoyed her day. I said yes. She asked what time the Howler got home, I said "she's not home yet."

"So, how do you know she enjoyed it?"

"cuz she said she did when I talked to Bonk's mom"

"what? how? if they're not home yet?"

"I talked to Bonk's Mom on her cellphone." (mind-blowing concept, that.)

"Oh. Did you talk to Bonk's Mom on her cellphone?"

"Yes. I talked to Bonk's Mom on her cellphone."

"Did she say how soon they'd be home, then?"

"They're on the road as we speak. They'll be home in about an hour or so."

"So, they'll be home in about an hour or so?"

"Yes, they'll be home in about an hour or so."

The rest of the conversation went on like this for several more minutes. I know it wasn't that conversation psych shit that they teach you to be sure the other person knows you're listening...the Gator weren't listening. She was testing me to be sure I was listening to her--and to be sure I wasn't lying to her about anything.

Kill me now.

1 comment:

Flea said...

La la LAAAAAAA.