So, the Turnip seems to be my albatross. God, he's fabulous. Here's why:
At the beginning of the season, none of the newbies would ask me anything. Because I'm not management of any kind (although, in all fairness, I am too fabulous to be one) I therefore could not possibly know anything of any importance.
Remembering that management had a cashier who had been employed with us for all of 3 months doing their actual register training, this is phenomenal--I mean, REALLY? This newbie savant is there 3 months and she's doing the hands-on training, and I've been there 11 years and I know nothing? Classic. But I digress.
The Turnip has managed to grasp the basic concept that I know more than he does (this couldn't have been that difficult, considering that he is the Turnip.) Anyway, a cusotmer approaches him and asks a question. He tells the customer to stand in my line and wait for ME to answer it. The question was something that could easily have been discovered by picking up the phone and asking whoever answered the phone--he could have chosen between two departments, too. The options for getting the customer an answer were endless.
But the customer had to wait for me in order to get that answer. And they keep sending this genius outside with me. I never should have complained about the ones who are afraid of the phone, register, and customers.
Kill me now.
No comments:
Post a Comment