Happy Monday! bwhahahahahahaha!
My day started with a courtesy wake up call...from work. I was scheduled to be there at 7am. I had copied last week's schedule onto my calendar for this week too. Sure, I had printed out my schedule, but apparently, March now has more weeks in it than ever before. Crap and damn.
Once I got to work, I learn I'm at the Hell Desk today. This is great, because, you know, today didn't suck enough. Anyway, Smiley was covering it 'til I got there. She was in the middle of some phone thing, so I just went to cover where she was gonna be until she was done. No problem, right? Right. When we traded places, I discovered the one daily business report that has always been a total brain fart for me. And now, with the techno-updates we're doing to finally join the rest of the world, there's no way-no how I'm tackling that beast today. Which should be fine, because, there it sat, all marked and stuff like it's supposed to be...BUT. Did I shout BUT? I should shout WTF! She had it partially done, and has, up to this moment said absolutely NOTHING about where she was with it. Part of this report thing is to sign it when it's done. No how-no way am I going to sign MY name on HER report doin's. Soooooo, I call ol' Smiley, and ask her about that. She tells me, in her wonderfully non-committed, vague ass way, that "Yeah, uh, that's there. It's kinda done. You might need to print some of it, yo." AS IF! I tell her, as politely as I can that my day is already shot to hell and I'm not finishing this report. She can trade me back, finish it, then we'll switch again.
THEN, I learned that today was "I WANT TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER FOR MY PIDDLY ASSED PROBLEM THAT DOESN'T EVEN INVOLVE YOUR STORE" day. It was great. I loved answering the phone, or just random people approaching the desk, and having them shout "MANAGER." My personal fav was the dude who kept telling me he needed the shipping department. And no matter what I said to him, even after he told me he'd been transfered to the not-shipping department several times (no answer)....I was to reach up my own ass and produce someone who could help him (not happening, btw) Finally, I convinced him to give me his name & phone number, after I gave him my name...he demanded to know how that was gonna help. I explained to him that since he had no one else's name who was to take care of this, AND his call was long distance, we would call him back, after I got to someone to look into it and do it. I actually said the words, "And now you have MY name, and I promise you, I will NOT have you calling back telling anyone I didn't do my job. Someone will call you back, or I will be in deep doo doo." Even that didn't passify this moron, because he called back 20 minutes later.
While trying to get that taken care of, I get this lil' trolly woman. She begins demanding a manager. I ask her if she can tell me a little bit about what the problem is, so I can give the manager a heads up when I call him. She bought a refridgerator--when is top secret eyes only information btw--and it's not making a noise. YAY ME! I ask her if she's already talked to someone in Appliances. She says, "NO. I want the manager." Well, baby, today isn't a good day to get a manager, but you can head back to appliances and the dude back there will be able to help you. "IS HE A MANAGER?" No, ma'am, he's not but "I WANT A MANAGER." Well, ma'am, any manager I call is going to ask me to direct you back to Appliances and this dude. "I WANT A MANAGER." Exasperated, I finally tell her, Ma'am, any manager I call is going to tell me to have you go back to Appliances and start there. If you insist that he come up here, he's going to walk you back there, and give you, and your problem to the dude back there to handle. The dude back there is very capable--he's the guy I always recommend to people when they need anything Appliances. You talk to him first, and when a manager is needed to make this right for you, HE will call the manager.
And that was just my morning. Wait til lunch...it gets MORE exciting! (NOT)
No comments:
Post a Comment