Wednesday, December 05, 2012

It Really Isn't About You

I hate people, but I especially hate grumpy, pushy, in-a-hurry old hags.

Monday was definitely MONDAY. I misplaced my car keys twice while trying to get out the door. For the first hour or so I was there, the garden center was not my happy place. Still better than being inside, but not by much.

Had Granny in her gators come in, ask me about trees, then wander off. She parked in the loading zone, effectively making her own parking space. It was fun to watch traffic swerve to keep from side-swiping her.

When she got back to the register, of course there was another customer who came up at the same time. And the fucktards who were looking at trees, but couldn't read the signage to tell them how much.

Granny had this gawd-awful light-up wreath with no item number or tag. F'ugly thing didn't even have a model number on it. Granny going in didn't have on a Santa hat. Granny has one on now...and it didn't have a tag of any sort either. Trying to look up these item numbers proved the impossible dream, and calling inside merely got me company in my frustration.

Granny decides to go inside to see if she can search something up for me. So I scan the next guy's crap. Sometime after Granny shut down my productivity, one of those in-a-hurry-hags also joined the line. While that guy was paying, Granny comes back. She's got nothing.

While she's telling me she's got nothing, in-a-hurry-hag shoves up my counter, waves her less than $6 in bows in my face and screeches, "Can you just take my money already? I want out of here!"

I politely (not just politely for me, neither) explain that I'm taking care of this customer and I'll be with her as soon as I possibly can. She shrieks something unintelligible and stomps off.

I finally get Granny taken care of and apologize for the problems. Hag has already stomped out thru the gate with her bag.

I learn later that Hag has been inside, and given an earful to two of my co-workers. Hag was kind enough to blame "the pain in the ass" customer, instead of me.

No comments: