Thursday, September 07, 2006

My EYES! My EYES!

About two weeks ago, I had to drive to a town that is about 40 minutes from my house. I had to go a different way than I normally do, because of road construction and traffic.

I'm driving through a small borough, where the houses are stacked up pretty close to the road. So of course, I slow down, especially on the curves.

There she is--a chubby teenager, bending over, wearing a cropped top and low-rise jeans.

Now, on my planet, chubby people, regardless of lack of age spots, sags, stretch marks, et al, do NOT wear this kind of combo. It's not attractive. It makes normal people look like they are too cheap (or too stupid) to buy clothes that fit.

She was not an unattractive girl. She just didn't have the size 3 anorexic look to her (which isn't attractive anyway), but this combo made her look like the worst kind of trailer trash. Now, maybe she is trailer trash, I don't know. The eyeful of her bulging flesh that I got leads me to believe that someone, somewhere, told her that, "Even if you're not a slim girl, honey, you wear exactly what you want--even if it doesn't fit. Even if it leaves semi-permanent marks on your body, and even if it is damaging to your spleen. Who cares? It's what your skinny BFF and younger sister are wearing."
Even refugees look better than this.

What possesses women to do this to themselves? She looked like she was about to burst out of her clothes, and there she was by the road. She's lucky a semi did not end up in her parents living room.

Along with that rant, I just don't get what parents are thinking when they let their children out of the house wearing this kind of outfit. Do they actually think, "Sure, hunny, go on out dere lookin' like trailer trash. Y'all might even git a date out of it."

2 comments:

daionara said...

Yah I am not sure what is with fat chicks wearing clothes like that. As a fat chick, I wouldn't be caught dead in tight clothes, but I am seeing a bunch of overweight teen girls dressed like rubberbanded sausages.

Funny you mention parents letting children out of thier house dressed like that. My daughter wanted to go to school this morning in...

a t-shirt with a tanktop over it paired up with grey capri sweats under denim shorts. Would be amusing if she was FIVE but she's 13!!!

satnu said...

Thongs and "tramp stamps" are the rage. You would not believe the amount of "girls" not women I see with tats on their arses. My 80 year old mother calls them cookiecutter skanks!

Love you wit!