There's a reason I do not like that car.
First, it was Kevin's car. He drove it, so it was totally his choice. Fine. I can live with that, as long as I don't have to drive it much.
So I don't.
Then, Kevin buys a truck (before you get all excited thinking that I have lots of money, we've had the car 3 years, and it's paid off). We decide that since the Toad is getting his driver's license, and we said we'd buy him a car, we'll give him this car instead. Toadwort likes that idea--he wanted that car anyway, and any other car we attempt to buy him will cost us what this one is worth... either the car itself will cost that much, or keeping the new heap on the road will.
I continue to happily drive my van, except for a few occasions, the most memorable of which I've already reported here.
So, in a continuing effort to give the Toad driving time, I take him to work in *his* car, so he can drive. Joy. I am slowly coming to hate the Beast.
Why?
We've been keeping in my neighbor's garage. She doesn't have a car and doesn't drive, so she's totally fine with that.
So, Toad goes to work. I drive home.
The problem? The garage is situated such that it's best to back in to park.
I hate backing the Beast up more than I hate driving it. I voice my concerns to Kevin, and he, being the epitome of quick thought and correct memory, tells me, "Back it up. Don't be a sissy."
I pull into the driveway. I pull ahead, then commence backing up procedures.
I hit the freaking house! (Did I mention that it's an attached garage?) Luckily, I didn't damage the house.
Toad driving: $45 permit
Toad car: $3500
Mom backing Toad car into house: $45 damage
Kevin having a good laugh at my expense: PRICELESS
First, it was Kevin's car. He drove it, so it was totally his choice. Fine. I can live with that, as long as I don't have to drive it much.
So I don't.
Then, Kevin buys a truck (before you get all excited thinking that I have lots of money, we've had the car 3 years, and it's paid off). We decide that since the Toad is getting his driver's license, and we said we'd buy him a car, we'll give him this car instead. Toadwort likes that idea--he wanted that car anyway, and any other car we attempt to buy him will cost us what this one is worth... either the car itself will cost that much, or keeping the new heap on the road will.
I continue to happily drive my van, except for a few occasions, the most memorable of which I've already reported here.
So, in a continuing effort to give the Toad driving time, I take him to work in *his* car, so he can drive. Joy. I am slowly coming to hate the Beast.
Why?
We've been keeping in my neighbor's garage. She doesn't have a car and doesn't drive, so she's totally fine with that.
So, Toad goes to work. I drive home.
The problem? The garage is situated such that it's best to back in to park.
I hate backing the Beast up more than I hate driving it. I voice my concerns to Kevin, and he, being the epitome of quick thought and correct memory, tells me, "Back it up. Don't be a sissy."
I pull into the driveway. I pull ahead, then commence backing up procedures.
I hit the freaking house! (Did I mention that it's an attached garage?) Luckily, I didn't damage the house.
Toad driving: $45 permit
Toad car: $3500
Mom backing Toad car into house: $45 damage
Kevin having a good laugh at my expense: PRICELESS
1 comment:
I think I'd be forced to thump on Kevin. My husband no longer gives advice when I say, "I can't back the car up THERE!!!" As perhaps Kevin will not laugh in the future and give lame advice.
You hit a house $45.
I hit the side of the garage with my right side mirror. No damage to the garage, but #250 for a new mirror.
Post a Comment