Apparently, the Howler, much like the Toad before her, has found some sort of soul soothing mellow-out tones in Tom Petty. Sometimes, it's creepy how alike their tastes are.
Toadwort liked the EXACT same album, way back when, and now, the Howler, daily, turns on the stereo and knows exactly which of the 3 CDs in it is the attractiveness-challenged Mr. Petty. She then adjusts the volume to the "Blast Mom Out of the House" setting.
I think that setting is 11.
She then leaves the vibrating downstairs for her bedroom. She shuts the door. Since the stereo is positioned immediately under her room, she gets the full effects--feeling the beat in her feet, changing the words as only a four year old can--without the ear drum damage she's inflicting on me.
The bonus in this is that I cannot hear the phone ring, and if I do, I can't answer it because I cannot hear what's being said to me...not that it matters, as it's almost always my mother calling. Not that I'd answer it anyway. I'm too busy dancing at the zombie zoo.
Toadwort liked the EXACT same album, way back when, and now, the Howler, daily, turns on the stereo and knows exactly which of the 3 CDs in it is the attractiveness-challenged Mr. Petty. She then adjusts the volume to the "Blast Mom Out of the House" setting.
I think that setting is 11.
She then leaves the vibrating downstairs for her bedroom. She shuts the door. Since the stereo is positioned immediately under her room, she gets the full effects--feeling the beat in her feet, changing the words as only a four year old can--without the ear drum damage she's inflicting on me.
The bonus in this is that I cannot hear the phone ring, and if I do, I can't answer it because I cannot hear what's being said to me...not that it matters, as it's almost always my mother calling. Not that I'd answer it anyway. I'm too busy dancing at the zombie zoo.
1 comment:
Mumple please email me asap. Can't get in to W&M from work and I have something to tell you,and I can't remember your email for sure. Check all your email accounts just in case! Make sure everything is AOK at W&M!
Post a Comment