And this is no mean feat. We are the Mumples, after all.
Tonight, at some point after Kevin came home, I told him that I gave my mother (the landlord) the rent check. He asked, "Oh, when did you see her?" "When she stopped in to drop off those tax forms for Theo."
Apparently, later in the evening, he asked me if my mother stopped in and picked up the rent check. I told him, "Yes" but never said anything about the tax forms.
So, we have 2 different conversations, each of us remembers one of them, but he doesn't remember me telling him that she brought the forms, and I don't remember him asking about the rent check.
So, he gets on the computer (booting me from my surfing) and so I go to root through the "pile on" that is the counter. He asks me, "Did we get any forms in the mail?"
Taking the question literally, I answer it. "I don't think so, but if we did, they'd be filed."
He asks me two more times. I snap at him.
He comes out to the kitchen, looking at the form he printed. He gets up to file it. He find the forms my mother brought (that were sitting on the table before we ate supper) that I had filed while he was online.
He printed out one of the forms that she brought.
He got upset. I was already upset.
We end up, having the discussion about "I said..." and "You said..." to the point where we realize that in the middle of all of this, he was printing out the forms I was walking behind him and filing next to where he sat.
He tells me this is the single most stupid arguement he's ever heard of, let alone taken part in.
Laughing, I told him, "I married an idiot, but that's okay. We're even. You married one too."
Tonight, at some point after Kevin came home, I told him that I gave my mother (the landlord) the rent check. He asked, "Oh, when did you see her?" "When she stopped in to drop off those tax forms for Theo."
Apparently, later in the evening, he asked me if my mother stopped in and picked up the rent check. I told him, "Yes" but never said anything about the tax forms.
So, we have 2 different conversations, each of us remembers one of them, but he doesn't remember me telling him that she brought the forms, and I don't remember him asking about the rent check.
So, he gets on the computer (booting me from my surfing) and so I go to root through the "pile on" that is the counter. He asks me, "Did we get any forms in the mail?"
Taking the question literally, I answer it. "I don't think so, but if we did, they'd be filed."
He asks me two more times. I snap at him.
He comes out to the kitchen, looking at the form he printed. He gets up to file it. He find the forms my mother brought (that were sitting on the table before we ate supper) that I had filed while he was online.
He printed out one of the forms that she brought.
He got upset. I was already upset.
We end up, having the discussion about "I said..." and "You said..." to the point where we realize that in the middle of all of this, he was printing out the forms I was walking behind him and filing next to where he sat.
He tells me this is the single most stupid arguement he's ever heard of, let alone taken part in.
Laughing, I told him, "I married an idiot, but that's okay. We're even. You married one too."
1 comment:
ROFL. You two are so in love it's cute.
Post a Comment