I am the Greatest!
I had a box stuffer today. I usually get the liars, tag-switchers, the out-and-out thieves (knows as walk-outs or push-outs) and today, I had my first ever box stuffer.
Guy comes in. He asks where we keep the shop vacs. I tell him. He goes away. He comes back, barely 10 minutes later, carrying this bulky shop vac box. He holds it up over the counter so I can scan the UPC (he already knows where it is). I scan it, then move to deactivate the security strip.
I stand the box up on the counter. It seems heavy, but, in all honesty, the tension in my shoulders makes everything seem heavy, so I just look over the box. (I think this *Spidey-sense* I have for crooks is a subliminal or subconscious thing). The box has been opened and taped heavily.
Before I can say anything about reopening the box to check that everything that is supposed to be in there is actually in there, he says, "Hey. I have to go get my wallet." and walks out the gate, leaving me with the box.
I begin to open the box. When I spin the box to cut the tape on the other side, it beeps to deactivate again. Hmmmmm. That's unusual, too.
I cut open the top, and instead of a blue and gray shop vac, I see YELLOW with black writing.
Dude is nowhere to be seen.
I pull out the yellow box, and VIOLA! there are two more of the same in the box.
Dude ain't coming back.
I saved $1257 - $59.97 in merchandise. (The cost of the rotary self-levels totals $1257--3@ $419 each; the shop vac box rang up at $59.97.)
At a reward of 10% of the stop, that's roughly $120 for me if it's verified and approved as good.
Yee haw! The next highest stop I had was 3 years ago (2 chainsaws) for $999 total. And that was a walk-out.
I made the calls; I wrote the details. Management (Frodo & Useless) verified. Information is left for the LP who will do a reverification and write up the info to send on to the Powers That Be.
I am the Greatest! (and I hate thieves!) I also got 2 hi-5s and several pats on the back.
Add that to the fact that I got a haircut a week ago, and every body seemed to notice today.
It was the best day I've had in a long, long time.
I had a box stuffer today. I usually get the liars, tag-switchers, the out-and-out thieves (knows as walk-outs or push-outs) and today, I had my first ever box stuffer.
Guy comes in. He asks where we keep the shop vacs. I tell him. He goes away. He comes back, barely 10 minutes later, carrying this bulky shop vac box. He holds it up over the counter so I can scan the UPC (he already knows where it is). I scan it, then move to deactivate the security strip.
I stand the box up on the counter. It seems heavy, but, in all honesty, the tension in my shoulders makes everything seem heavy, so I just look over the box. (I think this *Spidey-sense* I have for crooks is a subliminal or subconscious thing). The box has been opened and taped heavily.
Before I can say anything about reopening the box to check that everything that is supposed to be in there is actually in there, he says, "Hey. I have to go get my wallet." and walks out the gate, leaving me with the box.
I begin to open the box. When I spin the box to cut the tape on the other side, it beeps to deactivate again. Hmmmmm. That's unusual, too.
I cut open the top, and instead of a blue and gray shop vac, I see YELLOW with black writing.
Dude is nowhere to be seen.
I pull out the yellow box, and VIOLA! there are two more of the same in the box.
Dude ain't coming back.
I saved $1257 - $59.97 in merchandise. (The cost of the rotary self-levels totals $1257--3@ $419 each; the shop vac box rang up at $59.97.)
At a reward of 10% of the stop, that's roughly $120 for me if it's verified and approved as good.
Yee haw! The next highest stop I had was 3 years ago (2 chainsaws) for $999 total. And that was a walk-out.
I made the calls; I wrote the details. Management (Frodo & Useless) verified. Information is left for the LP who will do a reverification and write up the info to send on to the Powers That Be.
I am the Greatest! (and I hate thieves!) I also got 2 hi-5s and several pats on the back.
Add that to the fact that I got a haircut a week ago, and every body seemed to notice today.
It was the best day I've had in a long, long time.
4 comments:
I just tagged you with an award.
I understand your inability to have candy corn on your site. In which case I suggest a compromise and you do the 7 random things meme AND the 5 life-classes to take meme instead.
Mwahahahaha
YOU ROCK!!!
That's just coolness wrapped in a layer of WOW!
--It's me, drumstick
Post a Comment