My sister and I aren't all that much alike. Except for our senses of humor--which, to say the least, is off center.
Years ago, she lived in Erie, PA. She would call me, long distance--when there were no special plans or phone cards--during peak hours to say things like, "Do me a favor."
(Of course, even then, I knew better than to just answer "Yes.") "It depends."
"No. Really. Do me a favor."
"Tell me what it is first."
"Seriously. I need you to do me a favor."
Sigh. "Fine. What?"
"Tell me if there's a dial tone." *click*
She's crazy. She called me once, similar circumstances to say, "Do you wanna meet my new friend?" Her new friend was "Mr. Click" and you guessed it, she hung up on me then, too.
This time, though, it's local, and I'm the one who called her. She managed, though, to turn it on me:
I call my mother's house on Sunday (Easter Sunday, after church, mind you) My sister answers.
Sis: "Hello"
Me: "Where's your mother?"
S: "Sitting here"
Me: "Oh. Okay."
S: "Is that all?"
Me: "Uh, yeah."
Pause.
The line goes dead.
SHE HUNG UP ON ME! I thought she'd be handing the phone to our mother, but NO! She hangs up on me.
I hang up and redial. Thank God our mother is used to this from us, because when she answered, "Hello, " I was in full-out belly laugh. Tears pouring down my cheeks. I can't breathe.
My mother says, "You're idiots." And I laugh harder. My sister is laughing in the background, and the harder she laughs, the harder I laugh.
She's one of the few people I can never quite One-Up in the Humorous Arena.
1 comment:
This post had ME laughing...
Post a Comment