Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Full Moon Cometh

Or, as I was informed today, it is Overeth.

But it lingereth in bizarre ways.

Today was about the BEST. DAY. EVER. (I'm singing it like Spongebob, if you can hear it in your head.) Seriously.

I armed myself with a pocketful of Smarties. I figured it would be like having a garlic for a vampire. I was able to offer them (with a hint that I need to know when/if they started to work) to a few co-workers, sugared myself up for the day, and off I went.

Amish men were flirting with me, trying to hold my hand.

I was in a happy, laughing mood most of the day. I got handed Jesus tracts (although, it was the "God Loves YOU" kind, not the "You're going to HELL" kind.)

On top of the cranks who just bitched me out anyway. No matter what I said, they bitched. No matter what I did, they bitched. What really made that great, is that these are the parents of the Howler's soccer teammates--okay, it was the Moms. It's either "THAT time of the month" for all women everywhere--except me, I have a different symptom--or, they're just bitches, for real, and I never noticed. Which surprises me either way.

And now, I have a mild migraine. Yes, they exist. They mostly make me feel like my tongue and throat are trying to crawl out the back of my head, and make it impossible for me to do anything unless I have 100% of my attention focused in one direction, and that, of course, means that my Sweetie is constantly asking me questions like, "What did she say?" as if I can listen to the Howler and read my computer screen at the same time.

Does this make sense? I won't really know until sometime tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

"And now, I have a mild migraine. Yes, they exist. They mostly make me feel like my tongue and throat are trying to crawl out the back of my head, and make it impossible for me to do anything unless I have 100% of my attention focused in one direction, and that, of course, means that my Sweetie is constantly asking me questions like, "What did she say?" as if I can listen to the Howler and read my computer screen at the same time."

Um, I'm wondering from this description if my normal state of being could be termed a "mild migraine." Hmmmm.