Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm Giving It Up For Lent

I'm giving up trying to split myself into thirds for Lent. It should be an interesting exercise in self-control.



And being a control freak like I am, I'm sure it will cause me to take copious amounts of OTC pain reliever for the jaw and neck pain I will experience.



Why am I doing this? Because, it seems, the people I work with/for, see me and immediately assume I can literally "do it all." It seems that simply by not breaking my leg, back, or a hip yet, qualifies all of them for a 'bye' on the schedule if I'm there. They don't need to worry about hitting those annoying alarm buttons or move from where he or she is currently rooted.



Crane yer neck and if'n ya see me, they don't have to do it. Unless of course, it's checking on something that they didn't do correctly. Then, it's sure-fire to get 'em to move.



Frustrating--it seems I now have the rep of being able to do three complete and time consuming jobs all at the same moment in time. Even if I ask for help in covering it all, I get maybe 60 seconds of help, and sometimes, I get a sigh or an actual arguement. Like I'm too stupid to know when I'm at capacity, and don't recognize the signs of my own overloaded circuits.



So, I'm giving it up for Lent. I will now be only as smart as the dumbest person there. I will only be as quick as the slowest person there (which, luckily for me, is the same person, so I only need to observe and follow the lead of one person.)



Now, if I could only master the art of smiling like a dope, I'd be fully recovered from what ails 'em.

No comments: