Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hmmmm

Yesterday, the Howler & I stayed at the playground for about 30 minutes after school. While there, I saw something I didn't think adults did anymore:

One mom walked over to another mom, cupped her hand, leaned in super duper close, and was whispering in her ear.

Isn't that the sort of thing that, as a grown-up at the playground, you stop doing? I mean, isn't there an age limit on that sort of thing?

Or is it just me?

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, I do it all the time. That's the only way you can hear eachother watching a band in a bar.....

Ellie

mumple said...

Okay, but that's in a bar--and understandable. One the playground? While swivelling yer eyebowls to make it obvious who yer whispering about? Uh, No.

Remembering that these two were also spotted at a PTA meeting doing the same thing--with the obligatory stutterstep run across the room to draw attention to their pow-wow...

If we'd all had a beer, and a loud band, then I wouldn't have thought anything of it.