Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mish Mash

So, this is what's been happening since I decided to lay down and die:

Ten days ago, I was fine.

Eight days ago, I was busy, but having fun. It was the PTA sponsored Spring Fling, and idea that, last September, seemed so far away as to be "doable." Especially considering that I was supposed to be 2nd chair, and someone else would be calling the shots. Hell, I just wanted to plant marigold seeds. Come January, the first chairperson knew she would be too busy to do it right, and admitted so. Everyone seemed to be so excited by the prospect of Spring Fling, I couldn't just say, "NO" either. I let myself be suckered. Anyway, thank the God of small miracles that another parent said he'd help. And by gum, he did help. He planned and dealt with fully 1/3 of what needed done (the first part was the marigolds, and the 2nd part was a make-yer-hat-at-home and we'll-have-a parade-at-school and with the principal's planning for the parade part, it took care of itself.) It was a blast and the kids loved it! Even getting briefly rained on.

Seven days ago, I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. Pain, exhaustion, and more pain.

Six days ago, I slept for most of Mother's day. And still felt like I'd been hit by a bus.

Five days ago, I was still tired, but not so much in pain.

Four days ago, I was still tired, but almost no pain.

Three days ago, I was so tired, I wanted to cry.

Two days ago, I was still gagging whenever I thought about the Howler's tongue. I should get pictures. Yeah, that would be "fun."

Yesterday, I was still tired and grossed out, but functional.

Today, I am tired, my feet hurt, but overall, I feel better than I've felt in a week. And I have pictures of the Howler's tongue to take.

No comments: