Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Funny Little Man

That's my Mr Mumple.

First, a little background on the day in question:

I spent my day at work inside. No problem, really, but it was noisy. As in clanging and banging, pages you could actually hear, large loading door going up and down on a rattly chain. Yeah, noisy comes close to describing it.

Second, there was soccer practice. During which I fell asleep in the car. When I woke up, I was a little disoriented.

Third, by the time we got home, the Howler (and the little mister) where quite chatty. As in non-stop blathering about God-Alone-Knows-What. The Howler had her volume set at 11. During the Howler's shower, I left the room for some quiet...and My Sweetie, ever the first to pick up on subtle clues, turned up the volume on the TV. Apparently, people two blocks over needed to hear it, whether they wanted to or not, and I, of course, in the next room, could too. My Sweetie wanders over to stand the doorway of the room I'm in, muttering to himself. Having had enough of the audio-overload, I shut the door in his muttering face. I got quiet, for about 2 seconds. He began asking if I was mad at him. Sheesh.

The Howler finally goes to bed.

There is quiet in the house. FINALLY.

My Sweetie is now complaining about a bug bite on his leg. I tell him, in an effort to not hear about it--or anything--I tell him, "I'll get you the anti-itch cream in ONE SECOND."

The funny little man I married responds with an evil grin, and a laugh, "Oh, do we have any anti-bitch cream, too?"

He's soooooo lucky that I know that being called a bitch is a compliment.

1 comment:

Flea said...

You didn't smack him? Tears work, too. It disorients the male of the species.