Okay. The Dad is going a bit nuts here.
I mentioned to him yesterday (we both ended up at the school making copies of PTA stuff & nonsense) that my neighbor is NOT my buddy. And that, since she believes him to be one of her great-known-him-for-years friends (HAH!) he is going to be who she goes to.
I also learned that everyone else finds it odd that she hangs and hangs and hangs around after the meetings. We're trying to get stuff finished up--who's doing what, etc--and there she is. Now, if we had some things to discuss that would be for the general membership, we'd have brought it up during the meeting, duh. Not that we're trying to be exclusive, but, as you know, with any group, there's behind the scenes planning and deciding that gets done, and unless you're on the board, you should not a) hear about it until & unless it's discussed at a meeting and b) expect to have everyone holding yer hand and begging you to stick around.
As I've said, I'm sure I've done just this sort of thing (without the huge-mongous boobs and pierced tongue) before, but, seriously. I think if she could learn when/if we have executive board meetings, she'd show up for them, too.
I'd like to think that part of it is that she sees me as this mover-and-shaker friendly person, and I have been working on not totally putting off the "I hate people on general principal" vibe, but c'mon! Pay attention and back up!
I told The Dad that HE could discuss her makeup choices with her. And she could glom onto HIM. He said he barely knows her--she worked at the smoke shop over a year ago, and that's where she knows him from.
For the record, I have some customers whom I am on a first name basis with--after NINE years. And I may see them when I'm not at work, but it's a "hi. haven't seen ya in a while" kind of thing--not a friend thing. We don't send Christmas cards, and we don't hang out. I may tell people "I know him/her" but I'm not going to say, "Oh, yeah, I've known him for years and we're friends."
It's just weird--or is it a woman thing that I seem to have missed catching?
No comments:
Post a Comment