Lately, I keep having people I've never slapped eyes on before ask me where they know me from. It's starting to get on my nerves.
First, if I'm ignoring you, but I do know you, I will acknowledge it IF you speak to me first. That's an unspoken bitch rule I've learned in the PTA. I act like I don't see you, and you act like you don't see me, we're both good. If you act like you don't see me, and I'm in a frisky mood, I'm gonna look at you speak to you and make you acknowledge me. Just for fun. BUT if I'm pretending I don't see you or I don't know you, and you're in a frisky mood and acknowledge me, I'm gonna play by da rules and acknowledge you back. But if I don't know you, for reals, and you insist that you know me--it's just creepy, for reals.
Second, if you think you recognize me, it could honestly just be because I've worked in this Hellhole for 10 years now, and if you've been in the store as often as you claim, you've seen me here, too. Simple logic, really.
Third, there is a woman in this town who looks enough like me to have even my mother bitching at me for "being someplace I wasn't supposed to be." My grandmother almost got in a slap fight with her brother because the Unc said I was working at that grocery store, and my Gram insisted not...and well, they have tempers, donchano.
Anyway, no, people, I don't know you. I'd tell you if I did.
Oh, and Guy who sneaks up on me and calls me the wrong name trying to "catch" me just messin' with you? You're just flat out nuts.
2 comments:
Your family has tempers? Say it ain't so. ;)
@Flea, believe me, I wish it weren't so! Grand, wild, Lithuanian tempers!
Post a Comment