That's me. HAH!
Last night, yet again, I was at the Hell desk. Yet again, I was confronted with crap I didn't even know existed, let alone that we did in Retail Hell.
In a lull (after one ass-kicking storm) I asked my department manager, "Why do you hate me so much?"
And basically, her response was that she didn't hate me. She'd just rather work with me behind that desk than her other options. Considering the mutual dislike and the spiteful working together history we have, this is absolutely astounding.
That other option? That's Miss Piggy. Miss Piggy makes the Laziest Woman in the tri-county area look ambitious. They're both hags, although Miss Piggy is closer to my age than the other one is. But Miss Piggy loves to wear her muffintop so everyone can see it...and she's always saying "What?" whenever she hears something that means she might have to actually do her job.
Most recently, my dealing with her involved my having to repeat myself seventeen times for her to explain to me "There's 4 registers out there. Can't you just get tape from one of them?" I repeatedly told her that I'd already checked, before I called her, and there was no tape to be had, unless she brought it.
Last night, she thought that a customer should wait 40 minutes until the guy who does the grunt work got back from his lunch hour. Or, that I should do her paging/calling for someone else for her.
Nope. Not gonna happen.
Sorry, Piggs, but I've already done the thing where I do someone else's job for 'em, and all it gets me is a helluva lot of extra stress I don't need. Yer on yer own.
So, between Miss Piggy and me, I'm the lesser of two evils. HAH!
1 comment:
Girl, there's gotta be another job for you out there. Maybe collections somewhere? At least that way you'd be whuppin' up on people who deserve it.
Post a Comment