Seriously. The epidemic of Stupidity has actually gotten worse.
Yesterday, I wasn't even supposed to be at the customer service desk...and yet, when the one person behind the desk is inundated with customers, and I'm standing around with my thumb up my ass, I feel obligated to subject myself to the that sort of thing.
I'm answering phones more than anything else. And every single caller needed to tell me his, or her, life story. Good thing I'm a good guesser, because that's exactly what it took to forward those calls to the departments.
I got a call for "some prices on some stuff." I got a call that just wanted to know if we were making deliveries "today." I got a call asking for phone numbers to our other stores. They wanted managers, but didn't know why.
The best call of the day was the guy who called to tell me that he got his dryer delivered.
Oh, and there was this little problem with it...it only had 3 legs. He needed the 4th leg, but the delivery guy didn't have it. And he didn't want to talk to the delivery manager. He wanted ME to know. Just to know, not do anything about it. Oh, and, did I know that when he was buying the dryer, he applied for a credit card? And he had to apply, because they'd closed his other one when he didn't use it for about 5 years. It was great, considering that I had several flashing green lights and a ringing in my ears....I had no less than 4 other calls coming in as he then begins to explain the ENTIRE credit application process to me.
And the first call I answered after I finally go that guy to quit talking?
"How may I direct your call?"
"er, uh. hmmm. er....ahhhhh. huh?"
"Please hold."
And I get to go back tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment