I've been at the customer service desk lately. Which is better than it used to be--they've rearranged things, and instead of a divider between returns and the rest of the world, it's all one area. And that means that there are 2 people to handle all the crazy. No longer alone...what a concept!
Anyway, the rest of the store is running short staffed, and that means that we have, yet again, no "team" mentality. It's every-man-for-himself again. That means that department phones are not going to get answered, even if there's a body in the department with a phone.
The other morning, I was at the desk, answering 5 phone calls in 4 minutes or less. I keep transferring the calls, and paging the departments, and the calls just keep on keeping on coming back to me.
The general pissiness of the general publicness, Oh My! Loving getting my ass chewed on over the phone. LOVE IT!
But what I loved best was hearing, "GRAWN-hack-cough-HORCK-mowers" over and over again as I tried to get someone ELSE to answer the call!
No comments:
Post a Comment