Saturday, there were 3 of us cashiers on the front line (yes, it is like a warzone sometimes.) Two Newbies and me.
A guy came up to the first Newbie and wanted "plastic gloves that come up higher than my wrist" and "bee spray."
Of course, she wasn't sure where it all was, so he comes to me. Both Newbies are listening to what I'm saying (cuz, you know, it actually IS a good way to learn) and while I'm talking with the customer, suddenly two women appear off to the left of all of us.
Neither makes any move to approach any register, neither makes any attempt to catch anyone's eye--they just both start saying, "Hello! HELLO! Anyone?! Hello, ANYONE!"
We all turn and look at them...including the customer I'm talking with...and then we all turn back to what we were doing.
They continue to say, "Hello! Anyone!" until I've finished with the bee spray guy.
When I look at them and ask, "How can I help you?" They both just stare, slack jawed. Apparently, I'm not "anyone" enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment