Is there something about me that screams "Please call me repeatedly and tell me the same stories"?
Seriously.
And, it's either genetic, or a virus. My brother now has it too.
My mother called and tells me a story from my brother's life--one that was relayed TO her BY him. Okay. It was funny. Not gut-busting funny, but funny.
Then, an hour after she told me, he calls and says, "Did mom tell you" and tells me THE EXACT SAME STORY, as if somehow, hearing it directly from HIM would make it funnier.
It didn't.
I do have to admit that he did have a new ending for it, an updated one, but it STILL wasn't THAT funny. And it certainly wasn't funny enough that it should be repeated, in toto.
One of these days, my eyes really are going to get stuck up in my head when they roll.
Seriously.
And, it's either genetic, or a virus. My brother now has it too.
My mother called and tells me a story from my brother's life--one that was relayed TO her BY him. Okay. It was funny. Not gut-busting funny, but funny.
Then, an hour after she told me, he calls and says, "Did mom tell you" and tells me THE EXACT SAME STORY, as if somehow, hearing it directly from HIM would make it funnier.
It didn't.
I do have to admit that he did have a new ending for it, an updated one, but it STILL wasn't THAT funny. And it certainly wasn't funny enough that it should be repeated, in toto.
One of these days, my eyes really are going to get stuck up in my head when they roll.
2 comments:
At least you get the news! I hear things weeks after they are obsolete, and then they say, "I can't believe no one told you this...." I'm out of the loop.
It doesn't count as rolling your eyes unless you can see the back of your skull!
I'm pretty sure people tell me the same stories too, but my bran is so fried, I can't remember until their halfway through the 6th version...
Post a Comment