Friday, December 07, 2007

Blahs

I don't know if it's because I used L'Oreal to color my hair or if it's just the monthlies (again), but last night I had a killer headache--which, luckily, an ibuprofen, wrapping my head, and resting my eyes helped--and I just don't feel well.

Since I still feel ill this morning, I'm guessing it's the monthlies. Think morning sickness without the pleasure of knowing there's a good reason you're gagging like a cat on a hairball.

I still have my head wrapped. And I still feel chilled to the bone. Sure, it's cold out, but I get chills like this every now-and-again, even in July. Of course, people think I'm crazy to be shivering in 95 degree temps with 100% humidity. It's pathetic.

And I get tired--sleepy and tired. And the headaches come if I don't nap. I hate it.

I wake up this morning to my Sweetie telling me I must be throwing off some sort of pheremone, too. How's that for terrific? Pheremones to make men want me, and I feel like a bloated sick and dying cow.

I don't get how, if this is what it feels like to be woman, the human race EVER got going well enough to crowd out every other species on this planet.

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I hear ya.

The pheromone thing actually could be happening too, if you are perimenopausal you could be having the pleasure of all phases of your cycle at once. Sounds delightful.

1001 Petals said...

Sounds like a chemical sensitivity.

Maybe try a more natural hair colour next time, like henna, and see if there is a difference(?)

Hope you're better now,
Athena

mumple said...

Athena, I have these same symptoms, whether I color my hair or not...and, in all honesty, I'm afraid to try the natural stuff--most of the *natural* and *organic* stuff I can get 'round here (cleaning supplies, in particular) make me majorly ill, and I get rashes from them. I can directly relate the rash to the product.

That makes me worry that a *natural* hair color would make me bald (or worse--bald with a head rash!)