Sunday, December 02, 2007

You're Sick of It, I'm Sick of It...

and it's only December. Geez.

Yes, dear, it's more rant about the Home Room Mom/PTA thing.

I called my parents tonight. Well, remember that family that signed their daughter up for Girl Scouts but didn't bother to give them a phone number? Apparently too many people--you know, the school and girl scouts--had that number, so they disconnected it and the recording offers no further information. I have another family who has a phone, but no answering machine, and they never answer their phone. I tried for 2 freaking hours to get them, and NADA. I'm sure they're gonna whine how no one called them....

And, yes, that's my paranoia talking.

But on with the PTA thing. One of the reasons I was trying to reach all these people tonight was because the PTA is having a craft day for all the kids. (Personally, I don't like crafts, and I have enough crap, but no one asked me.) I needed to call and get volunteers to be in our classroom helping the children that day. Fine. I called the Head Crafter tonight to let her know, before the deadline of 12/5 that I have 3 yes parents and 2 maybe parents, and that we have 18 kids in our class. I betcha the twit calls me on Wednesday and wants to know, because she hasn't heard from me.

Now, she called last Thursday and told me that the date in the letter she sent was wrong--I knew that, but I did identify myself as the person she needed to speak with when she called. She asked tonight if I did get that message. I informed her, "Yes" and she asked again. So I told her that I was at the PTA meeting, so I already knew the correct date.

I hope she spent the night trying to think who I was....HAH! I am Inviso-Woman, and she'll never see me!

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Yep yep...every time I read your blog, I feel vindicated in not joining the PTA.

mumple said...

You're living vicarious PTA moments through me, though, right?

LOL