Tuesday, December 11, 2007

But

I love this man I married. I do. I truly, honestly, whole-heartedly do.

But

He drives me insane, and I want to hit him with a heavy pan.

He was sick yesterday. Sick enough to call off work and spent his time snoozing in bed. (I've known him 7 years, and he's called off work 5 times total and each and every time, he was so ill he not only couldn't eat, he could barely stand up.)

He was still sick this morning, so he was off work again--who can work when they're running to the bathroom or swaying instead of standing upright? Yeah, that sick.

BUT

He also spent at least an hour sitting next to me this morning, making this pathetic "eeeenh eeenh" sound. He also spent time standing in my way as I tried to get a cup of coffee, and get the Howler fed, ready, and out the door to school.

We played the shower game, too. I wanted to slap the poor, sick thing stupid. I really did.

He admits he's a whiner when he's sick. I hate to tell him, but he's BEYOND whiner when he's sick.

No. Wait. That's not right.

He's fine when he's sick. It's when he starts to recover that he drives me nuts. Thank God he's going to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

LOL. My daughter is that way, I dread when she gets sick because when she starts getting better she expects the world to pay for her discomfort.