Thursday, May 01, 2008

Flip It

At the close of Day #3 in the IRS drama, we've discovered the humor in it.

We're sick, I know.

Actually, when you think about it, discovering that the IRS wants $14,000 is quite liberating. "How so?" Oh, ye of little faith! Listen up!

It puts everything, and I do mean EVERY. THING. into perspective.

Howler throwing a tantrum? No problem. It costs nothing except a few nerves. (and maybe an eardrum)

Toad being a jerk? No problem. It's just a few extra blood pressure points.

Work problems? No problem. I need the job to pay the IRS, so it's a whole new ballgame how much ankle grabbing I'm willing to agree to.

See? It's a win-win-win.

Oh, and most importantly, we don't have a Citibank Visa, so the enjoyment of the cardboard box we'll all soon be living in will be totally interest free, too.

Howler tantrum: FREE
Toad Jerkdom: FREE
Work: FREE for all (plus appliance boxes)
IRS letter: $14,008 + continuing penalties and interest

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The IRS sucks!
My sister and brother in law owed the IRS.

What started out at $7k ended up being $24K they have interest on interest!
They thought they paid IRS off, get a letter stating they owe more interest, pay that few weeks later still owed more interest.
~Renae~