Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rant On

Yes, there's more about my neighbor-new best friend.

These are timeless questions, I'm asking here.

First, I'm still looking for the answer to "Is there a polite way to tell someone to crawl out of your ass?"

Second, what kind of insanity inspires a woman to talk about her failed make up choices to a woman who so obviously doesn't wear so much as eyeliner?

Yeah. I don't wear make up (okay, maybe 2x a year I do, but every day? I don't have that kind of time or energy) and yet, during the Fall Festival, whenever she was able to attach herself to me, she would talk about Avon's newest, or Cover Girl's something or other.

I kept saying, "I don't wear make up, so I wouldn't know." and that's when she switched from Avon to Cover Girl. Even telling her that the extent of my cosmetic expertise begins and ends with my choices for Revlon hair color and Clairol Nice 'n Easy hair color didn't deter her.

What possesses someone to do that? I mean, if you've tried ONE brand as the topic of conversation, and the ass you're trying to crawl up doesn't respond at all, why would you stick to that topic, but start blathering about a different brand?

It's a form of insanity, isn't it?

1 comment:

Flea said...

Sounds crazy to me. And I should know. I work at the crazy hospital. That's the technical term that doctors and patients love most, you know - crazy hospital. It's all the rage to be locked up there. Maybe your new friend needs an invitation to your local crazy hospital.