When our store opened, there were a few basics that quickly became apparent: our management staff, while claiming to have close to 100 collective years of management experience, lied. They were a cluster fuck. A big, bad, lazy cluster fuck.
As managers exchanged, moved on, and thank-you-God left the building, the general atmosphere changed...sometimes better, and sometimes worse.
One of the very first people I met on my very firstest day there is now back, as an assistant store manager. I like the guy--he is the Abbott to everyone else's Costello. He's reliable and consistant--and we all know how much I like that in a person. (He also doesn't do what Useless and the Hag tend to do, which is make me explain several times over in minute detail what I need.)
But now that he's back, it's like the bad vibe/evil mojo came back with him. I've told him on several occasions that while I'm glad he's back, he should've left that bad mojo someplace else.
God love him, he always asks me to explain. And God love me, I do.
I enjoy having to wait two hours for change or more money to show up so I can do my job. Especially when I can see that the person I asked to bring it to me is sitting on her ass behind a desk, swapping jokes with the other key-carrier, who, remarkably enough, is also sitting on her ass.
I enjoy calling my immediate supervisor so he can tell me that he can't do it because he's on register, while the other 3 people capable of carrying that phone and those keys, can't have them, because Mr. In Charge doesn't wanna hand 'em over, even though he's going to be effectively useless to anyone who calls for the next hour.
I enjoy not having any clue how to do a transaction because A) the company changed how it's going to be done and B) training will be available 3 weeks after they implement the change. (Although, to be fair, that's still better training than we were originally offered--training back in the day consisted of someone handing me stuff and saying "here, do this" and walking away. Hell, half the time I didn't have access to the screens I needed to complete the idiotic thing, and who ever handed it to me would be pissed off at me for not being able to do it.)
So, back to what I was saying, "What goes 'round, comes 'round" and where I work, that means that every so often, the bad mojo hits and I'm right back where I started. Woot!
No comments:
Post a Comment