1) From the WTF File: First person I dealt with yesterday: woman who apparently believed I was blind. She kept pointing to the bottom of her cart and yelling "That! Down there!" I said, "OK" each time, and continued doing my job. This went on for several minutes, until she finally said, "THAT! DOWN! THERE!" and since I was to the point where I was going to deal with "that! down there" anyway, I did just that. As I'm giving her the total, she says, "You must be new; I haven't used you before."
2) From the For The Record File: the 2nd gate is closed. There are no bodies--live, or stupid--near the registers near that closed gate...that means that those registers aren't open. Plunking all your crap onto the counter, and standing there watching as the cashier who are at the open registers collect money from others SHOULD be a clue that you're in the wrong line. But since it's not, continuing to stand there, and loudly saying, "I'M READY NOW" just makes us all certain that what you're ready for is a Reality Check.
3) From the Do I Look Like Miss Cleo? File: I don't read minds. The other people who work here don't read minds, either. When you tell me "Pine Bark Mini Nuggets." and you are blathering about how you need mulch, there's a 100% chance of you getting Pine Bark Mini Nuggets, regardless of what you're thinking you need. Actually speaking the real name of what you need helps others know what it is, exactly, you need. Shoving someone else out of the way as you stomp up to me because YOU couldn't be bothered to sort out your deranged thoughts before paying me, is not going to make you my priority. In this particular instance, I'm very glad I can't read minds, because I'm guessing yours is a very very scary place to be.
4) From the Don't Drink Your Lunch & Then Come See Me File: Since there were two of you yesterday, I liked the woman who just didn't seem to really know where she was or what she was doing far better than the red-faced guy who was talking louder isn't going to make you slur your words less. Asking every person you see the same question, regardless of how many times you've shouted it before, still makes you obnoxious. Switching questions every 5th person (no, they don't all work here) doesn't help, either.
5) I can tell it's the Full Moon because they all want to stand right up next to me--totally in my personal space, leaning in, breathing heavily. Ewwwww.
No comments:
Post a Comment