Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Joys of Being Childless

The Howler is at Grandma M's this week. She is attending Vacation Bible School, mini-golf, showers of attention and love. Good for her. Good for us.

Last night, the Toad (whom I have managed to not kill or disown) was not coming home. Good for us. (I refuse to judge the good for him part, I am unsure whether or not they were ordering porn on his friend's parents cable.)

Kevin & I had a child-free, worry-free, whine-free evening. Spent most of it watching each other sweat (temps started at 85F at 8am yesterday).

Why the excitement, when we have AC in the bedroom?

Why do you think?

We're the Mumples.

In all that heat-and-humidity, of course I had a crappy day at work. Mean, rude people calling me a pain in the ass, telling me I was stupid, bitching about having to show their IDs with unsigned credit cards...how I managed to not say most of what I was thinking, I do not know. My jaw hurt though.

Oh, but it gets better: how you ask? We are the Mumples, and being child-free for a while means that I have my period. There's only so much fun consenting, married adults can have with that....and with the heat-and-humidity, we were both exhausted.

We're hoping we can ditch the Toad in a few days, before the Howler comes marching home again (hurrah, hurrah).

*sigh* we are the Mumples.

No comments: