Thursday, November 22, 2007

Bird Stuffed

and in oven. Smells good.

The stuffing, at the very least, should be interesting. My mom's recipe uses one or two eggs (depending on whether you're making a *batch* or a *mountain*) and MIL's doesn't.

My Sweetie and I had this conversation:

Sweetie: Whatcha doin?

Mumple: Getting eggs out to make the stuffing.

S: There are no eggs in stuffing.

M: Yes, there is.

S: Nyuh uh.

M: Anh huh.

S: Nyuh uh.

M: Anh huh.

S: Nyuh uh.

M: Anh huh.

S: Nyuh uh.

M: Anh huh.

S: Nyuh uh.

M: Anh huh.

S: Nyuh uh.

M: Anh huh. I'll call my mother.

S: Whose stuffing is better?

M: I'll call your mother.

So, call MIL I did.

Don't get me wrong--I love stuffing, and I love my mother's stuffing. BUT in a few cases, I have to concede that MIL's recipes are better than my mother's (or mine, for that matter). And neither my mother or I are slouches when it comes to cooking.

So, turkey will be served at 3pm. Pie at 3:05pm.

No comments: