I can't brag on myself about this at work or I would be vain.
But I can brag on myself here, because, well, it's mine, it's about me, and the title even says so. HAH!
Tonight, the LP (loss prevention for those who just joined us after the commercial break) told me that she "did something and I hope you're okay with it."
I'm like "hunh?" Now, there's nothing she can do that isn't going to be okay with me, mostly because while part of her job is to oversee mine, it's not like they're directly related.
She tells me that she's telling the new hires, that regardless of what ANYONE on the front end tells them about loss issues, they are to come to me, listen well, and do what I do on those issues. Basically (and I'm paraphrasing), I am the *go-to girl* when it comes to knowing policy, knowing what tricks shoplifters use and I catch 'em and get money for doing it.
Yeee HAW!
I'm delighted. It means that, hopefully, this new bunch will actually listen to me when I talk about those things--validating receipts, scanning everything, reading my screen....knowing our product. It's all basic (and really dorky) stuff--especially dorky the way it's presented! But, it works. And it's gotten me, so far this year, $90 extra bucks....not including the $120 that should be coming my way.
It also explains why they seemed to be nervous, but not frightened when I did tell them the little bit I managed to get out.
It also means that maybe that lazy hag will have to be retrained, and the dimbulb with her.
So, while it's bragging on myself, it does prove that I do earn what I get (I actually believe they should pay me more--my mere presence in the store deters the thieving bastards, but that's a rant, not a brag).
Coolness!
No comments:
Post a Comment