Monday, November 12, 2007

Dammit!

More tagging. As if I'm this popular in the real world (okay, I am, but nobody in the RL wants to touch me).

Jen, of Lords of the Manor, touched me all over in a good way with this one:

The Crazy 8's of Mumpledom:

8 Things I'm Passionate About:

1. The Fam--my Sweetie, the Toad, the Howler

2. The number 11. I go to 11.

3. Stupidity in any form (I'm against it, btw)

4. Laughing

5. Reading

6. Sleeping

7. Breathing

8. OK, I'm out of ideas

8 Things I Say Often:

1. I love you

2. Back the f* up

3. Did I stutter?

4. Whose in charge here?

5. I don't make this stuff up

6. Do I look like a people person?

7. Would you like fries with that?

8. What? What?

8 Books I Have Read Recently:

1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy (again) JRR Tolkien

2. Job: A Comedy of Justice Robert A Heinlein

3. The Shining Steven King

4. The Gospel According to Sam William Miller

5. Wicked the Life & Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Gregory Maguire

6. Sula Toni Morrison

7. The Collectors David Balducci

8. Harry Potter and....yeppers, all 7 books, all in a row JK Rowling

8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:

1. Understand the whole "people person" thing--how does one honestly do that?

2. Finish my BA in anything

3. See the Toad become a fully functional adult

4. See the Howler mellow

5. Write much, develop a cult following

6. Learn to play guitar

7. Stop smoking (although, technically, if I die and am not, at that moment, sucking on a death-stick, I've accomplished that)

8. Go to DisneyWorld with the Howler & Kevin

8 Songs I Can Listen To Over & Over

1. Learning to Fly Pink Floyd

2. Everybody Knows Don Henley

3. If I Had $1,000,000 Bare Naked Ladies

4. A Murder of One Counting Crows

5.Valentine Martina McBride

6. (entire album) Full Moon Fever Tom Petty

7. (entire album) Little Creatures Talking Heads

8. Gimme Three Steps Lynyrd Skynyrd

8 Things That Attract Me to My Friends:

1. Sense of Humor

2. A Sense of the Ridiculous

3. Intelligence

4. Compassion

5. Tolerance

6. Clearly Defined Sense of Self

7. Truthfulness

8. Fine-tuned BS-o-meter

8 Things I've Learned in the Past Year:

1. I can be wrong, and it's still okay. I'm usually right, though

2. I really do have too much time on my hands (and crazy ideas in my head)

3. Letting go is often the best thing you can do for your child (even if it's also the most difficult thing you've ever done in your whole life!)

4. Pain is nature's way of saying "You're too tense!"

5. I cannot balance my checkbook without adult supervision

6. I shoulda been a cowboy

7. No one I know wants to be called "No Toe"

8. No matter how often you pluck those chin hairs, they're still really there.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I'm going to take the biting sarcasm as a compliment.

If I had to fill out the 8-page monstrosity, so do you.

mumple said...

Jen, you know I love you and I love talking about myself...it's a win-win, really.

I just can't do it with a straight face!