Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More HR Mom Rant

I wrote a letter and decorated it (via my word program) to *my* parents.

I did not write:

Hey, People!

I went to a PTA meeting, and have discovered that I am invisible. I'd really like it if you all could come to the next one with me and help me find out if it's really true. The people I work with say it's not, as does my family. Let's find out! Worst case scenario, we discover that we all have this amazing power. How cool would that be?

Also, these PTA people need volunteers in our children's classroom on December 17 to help the kids with a craft. I'm not crafty myself, so instead, I'll be at work, schlepping trees for rude Christmas shoppers. If you are crafty, this is a healthy way for you to earn some good karma from the parenting gods. Call *A* at 555-7668 to volunteer. Leave me out of the loop on this one, if you can.

Finally, the classroom party is on December 21. I clarify that it's a classroom party, because the fuckwits at PTA didn't have a clue what I was talking about (I seriously think they thought I was desperate to know when their PTAer-Than-Thou-Self-Congratulatory Christmas Party was--as if I'd want an invite, much less expect one.) Anyway, yet again, I need bodies and booty to be there. It's to be from 1pm-2pm, then early dismissal. Let's sugar them up and send them home! lol.

I need to hear from you all, especially those of you who forgot to include your telephone information on the classroom list. You know who you are. If I don't hear from you soon, I'll have to chalk it up to sheer stubborness, and I know who will be the Homeroom Parent next year. I'll be sure to give 'em your name when they ask.

mumple
555-3825

(Hah! Do the *math* on those numbers!)

Now, today, the chicklet in charge of the craftiness sent home a letter addressed to all the HR Moms. Lovely.

In said letter, she says that I am to contact my parents, co ordinate with her by the 29th of this month, and have volunteers in place and ready to go.

As if, any one in their right mind* wants to do this shit the day before Thanksgiving. WTF would I do if we were leaving town for the 4-5 days we have off? We'd all be grabbing our ankles, that's what.

*of course, the "right mind" part of that first question is debatable in my case, but that's not my point.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I think, if I got a letter like the one you did not send, I might actually consider joining the PTA.

People take themselves too seriously, its not the United Nations, its elementary school.